Judging a book by its title is as dangerous as judging a book by its cover.
At Auckland Libraries, there are hundreds of thousands of volumes on the shelves – and some might have you asking "What were the authors thinking?"
Some titles are so bizarre it’s hard to imagine anyone reading them. Would any of these stop you in your tracks?
- Knit Your Own Kama Sutra – Trixie von Purl
- 5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth – Matthew Inman
- Stiff, the Curious Lives of Human Cadavers – Mary Roach
- Best Bacon Infused Dessert Recipes – Diana Loera
- How to Teach your Dog Physics – Chad Orzel
- Radiation Cook Book
- Still Life Adventures in Taxidermy – Melissa Milgrom
- Information Anxiety – Richard Saul Wurman
- Living with Crazy Buttocks – Kaz Cooke
- Knitting with Dog Hair – Anne Montgomery & Kendall Crolius