People living in Rodney are being asked to give feedback on a plan to help shape their community’s future.
The Rodney Local Board Plan, which guides what the local board does over the next three years, is now open for feedback.
Chair Phelan Pirrie says the plan’s focus is to achieve growth that is sustainable, develop infrastructure to cope with that growth and protect the environment.
“Geographically, our local board area is extensive, stunning and unique. But we face challenges and opportunities that come with the changes that growth brings. This plan is about what we, as a community, can achieve and in the best possible way.
“We must balance projects and funding across the Rodney area to deliver a work programme that is agile, responds to community needs, builds resilience and supports a strong recovery from the impacts of COVID-19.
“The reality is that funds and resources are finite, even more so this year, and it’s important to prioritise and deliver initiatives that will get the best results,” he says.
“Over the years, you have shared with us what you think our priorities should be. Now it’s time to hear from you if we’ve got the plan right.
“Talk to your local board members and tell them if you agree with what must get done and when,” he says.
Feedback on the draft Rodney Local Board Plan 2020 closes at 4pm on Thursday, 13 August.
Ways to have your say
Go to akhaveyoursay.co.nz/lovelocal to:
- Download and read a copy of our plan
- Make an online submission
- Get details about local meetings to speak with local board members.
Come along to a hearing style event:
- Wednesday 12 August, 6pm – 8pm at Ōrewa Service Centre, 50 Centreway Road, Ōrewa. Book a spot at akhaveyoursay.co.nz/lovelocal.
- Skype Broadcast, Wednesday 22 July, 6pm – 7.30pm. Registration is required, go to akhaveyoursay.co.nz/lovelocal to register.
- Skype Broadcast, Monday 27 July, 4.30pm – 6pm. Registration is required, go to akhaveyoursay.co.nz/lovelocal to register.
View the draft plan at local libraries, service centres and the local board office, where you can also pick up a submission form.